Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeon, Gulf Coast, MS
Singing River Health System is seeking a Full-Time Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeon for a very busy, already established practice. This practice has a patient-centered, team philosophy staffed by three CVT Surgeons:
- New hybrid cath lab for structural heart procedures including TAVR and MitraClip
- Over 500 referrals (60% Inpatient and 40% Outpatient) per year
- Expected patient load is 100+ hearts per year
- Surgeons are supported by an experienced Open Heart surgical team available 24/7 with dedicated Heart OR's at each facility
- 1-in-3 call rotation
- Initial consultation is provided by our Surgeons, and 1 week/1 month follow-ups are provided by the NP/PA.
- ABTS Certified is required.
- Structural Heart Experience Preferred
- Paid Time Off Up to 6 weeks yearly (including CME)
- CME Days
- Retirement Plan
- STS Quality Incentives
Singing River Health System is both a mission-driven provider of health services and one of the largest employers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Every day our dedicated team of caregivers makes an impact on the lives of almost everyone in our community, often in more ways than one.
Singing River Health System is comprised of three hospitals – Pascagoula Hospital and Ocean Springs Hospital, and Singing River Gulfport Hospital – plus community medical clinics throughout the area. Singing River Health System provides:
- 24-hour emergency services
- Heart and vascular services
- Cancer care
- Women’s and Children’s services
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services
- State-of-the-art neuroscience centers
- Behavioral health services
- Wound care and a hyperbaric medicine center
- Hospice care
- A community owned, not-for-profit health system
- Second largest employer in Jackson County with more than 2,500 employees, physicians, staff and volunteers
- Economic impact exceeding $270 million per year
- One of the largest emergency departments in the state, caring for more than 100,000 patients per year
- Home to award winning Blue Distinction® ,Centers of Excellence in spine and joint surgery
We provide critical health services, numerous community outreach programs and charitable services and educational programs. We strengthen the local economy by recruiting over 300 of the very best physicians and other professionals to our community while providing good jobs, wages, and benefits to more than 2,500 employees and their families.
Through this dedication, we help improve the health of the community while making it a better place to live and work. We are honored to be the caregiver of choice.