#exploreclarksburg_ Seeking Gastroenterologist
#ExploreClarksburg #JacksonSquare #WVUMountaineers
GASTROENTEROLOGIST -Outstanding Benefits, Clarksburg, West Virginia
Beautiful Clarksburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center is seeking a board certified or board eligible Gastroenterologist. The major responsibilities are to provide consultation in & outpatient clinic setting and on inpatient units; proficient in proctoscopy and/or flexible sigmoidoscopy; diagnostic upper gastrointestinal endoscopy; esophageal dilation; have proficiency in colonoscopy, including biopsy and polypectomy; perform therapeutic upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy and be proficient in percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy.
Monday – Friday, 7:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., with potential for some with only 10 call days a month.
Work Volume: Clinic two days a week with 14 patients in each clinic, Surgical Procedures three days a week with 8 procedures a day.
Beautiful Clarksburg with its cozy population of 31,000 citizens is located at the center of West Virginia's 1-79 High Tech Corridor. The High-Tech Corridor is anchored on the north by Morgantown, which is the home of West Virginia University Mountaineers, a Carnegie Foundation Research Institution and training academy for Cisco Systems and Oracle. Morgantown was recently rated the best small city in America bybizjournals.com.
VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package (Paid Time-Off, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverages, 401K, CME, and Retirement, etc.). For more info, click: VHA Physician Careers- #VACareers
About the VA
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories. Learn more at: About the VA
To learn more, forward your contact Terry Anderson @ email@example.com
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S.Territories.
More than 7.9 million Veterans, their family members, and survivors are enrolled in the VA Health System, with more than 6.3 million seeking treatment each year. Currently, that annual treatment involves 773,600 inpatient visits and 60 million outpatient visits. About 250,000 full-time employees and 90,000 health professional trainees work in interdisciplinary care teams to deliver those patient services daily.
VA's patient population crosses a wide spectrum of individuals, from elderly World War II Veterans, to baby boomer Vietnam Vets, to today's younger heroes who served during the Gulf War era and in the present day Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. VA also serves a growing number of women Veterans, who currently account for seven percent of the total Veteran population.
The Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital with 98 beds, located on a 16-acre site adjacent to the Veterans Memorial Park and the West Virginia State Nursing Home in the city of Clarksburg, West Virginia. It serves a Veteran population of approximately 70,000 in north central West Virginia and adjacent counties in Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania. In FY07 the medical center treated 19,554 unique patients through 216,090 outpatient visits and 3,541 admissions.
The facility was initially dedicated on December 7, 1950 and was enhanced with the clinical addition in 1989. Named after Louis A. Johnson, Secretary of Defense under President Truman, this medical center has been an active teaching facility since 1960 by participating in residency and academic affiliations with the West Virginia University, Fairmont State University, Alderson-Broaddus College and other nearby institutions of higher education.
Clarksburg, approximate population of 18,000 citizens, is located at the center of West Virginia's I-79 High Tech Corridor. The High Tech Corridor is anchored on the north by Morgantown, which is the home of West Virginia University, a Carnegie Foundation Research Institution and training academy for Cisco systems, Inc. and Oracle. Morgantown was recently rated the best small city in America by bizjournals.com. Other regional high technology operations include the National Energy Technology Laboratory, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, NASA IV and V Center, and Department of Defense Biometrics Fusion Center.
Clarksburg enjoys the amenities of the largest city in the region with the advantages of a small hometown community. A rich mix of retail, industry, and government services, with a thriving business community exist, along with an abundance of recreational facilities and one of the best preserved historic downtowns in the state. The crime rate is the second lowest in West Virginia and is one of the lowest in the country, property prices remain low, and the cost of living is substantially lower than any metropolitan city. Clarksburg is a small community rich with economic growth, heritage, and family recreation. Clarksburg's Historic downtown is also home to the largest legal, accounting, and banking community in north central West Virginia. There are approximately 6,000 professionals working in the Downtown Central Business District each weekday.
Clarksburg is located approximately two hours from Pittsburgh, PA, three and one-half hours from Columbus, OH, four hours from Washington, DC, and two hours from Charleston, WV.
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits, 2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension), and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee’s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee’s salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2020, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $25,500.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service