Critical Care Pulmonary Medicine Opportunity - Near Wash DC, Martinsburg VA Medical Center
Martinsburg Veterans Medical Center
1 license/50 States- 49 days paid time off’ annually!
One medical license/serve any location in the VA
Recruitment and Relocation Incentives Authorized
Martinsburg, WV is a picturesque, historic community within 90 minutes from Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD metropolitan areas, yet offers the serenity of small-city living. Our opportunity is nestled in a community which offers family friendly lifestyle, great public and private schools, and affordable real estate. With such proximity to our nation’s capital you can enjoy all the attractions, sports, shopping, and entertainment that a metropolitan area has to offer.
Preferred Candidate: B/C Critical Care & Pulmonary Medicine Physician with Sleep Medicine is highly sought after.
Providing superior care to patients in a 70/30 dual role ICU (39 bed w/ 10 ICU beds) and an outpatient pulmonary clinic setting. There is flexibility with call with 7 on and 7 off.
Typical day: Volume of 8-10 patients a day. The veteran population range 20-30% post-operative and 70-80% derive from E.R. admissions with high complexity are transferred.
- U.S. citizen
- Board certified/eligible Critical Care and Pulmonary Medicine
- Full and unrestricted MD.DO license (from any state is valid when practicing in the VA).
Interested: Please forward your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org ; call or text (304) 268-0377 anytime.
VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package (Paid Time-Off, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverages, 401K, CME, and Retirement, etc.). For more info, please click: Physicians At VA
Located in the heart of West Virginia's Eastern Panhandle, the Martinsburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) can be found on 175 acres in historic Berkeley County and has a service area of more than 126,000 veterans in West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. The Medical Center, part of the VA Capitol Health Care Network (VISN 5), offers a comprehensive range of services, including internal medicine, ambulatory surgery, audiology and speech pathology, dental, nursing home, nutrition, podiatry, prosthetics, women's health, mental health and rehabilitation medicine. Patient care is provided through an integrated primary care concept, and each veteran is assigned to a team of health care providers that follows the patient's care both as an inpatient and an outpatient. It is the mission of the Medical Center to honor America's Veterans as heroes by providing the highest quality health care. The employees of the Martinsburg VAMC are dedicated to improving the quality of life for eligible veterans through excellent health care.
George Washington University School of Medicine
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
West Virginia University Medical & Dental Schools
178 Nursing Home Care Unit
TYPE OF FACILITY
General Medical & Surgical, Long-term Care, Rehab & Domiciliary
Alcohol-Drug Rehabilitation Unit
Audiology & Speech Pathology
Homeless Domiciliary Program
Inpatient Hospice (Palliative Care)
Intensive Care Unit
Medical Center and Domiciliary-Based Substance Abuse Programs
Mental Hygiene Clinic
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder-Residential Rehab (PTSD-PRRP) Program
Pulmonary Function Lab
Traumatic Brain Injury-Community Re-Entry
The following Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) come under this facility:
200 Glenn Street
Cumberland, MD 21502
Phone: (301) 724-0061
Fort Detrick Outpatient Clinic
1433 Porter Street
Fort Detrick Army Garrison
Frederick, MD 21702
Franklin Contract Outpatient Clinic
Pendelton Community Care
314 Pine Street
Franklin, WV 26807
Phone: (304) 358-2355
Hagerstown Outpatient Clinic
Hub Plaza Building
1101 Opal Court
Hagerstown, MD 21742
Phone: (301) 665-1462
Harrisonburg Contract Outpatient Clinic
1755 S. High Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Phone: (540) 282-6035
Petersburg Contract Outpatient Clinic
Grant Memorial Hospital
P. O. Box 1019
Petersburg, WV 26847
Phone: (304) 257-5817
Stephens City Outpatient Clinic
170 Prosperity Drive
Winchester, VA 22602
Phone: (540) 869-0600
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S.Territories.
More than 7.9 million Veterans, their family members, and survivors are enrolled in the VA Health System, with more than 6.3 million seeking treatment each year. Currently, that annual treatment involves 773,600 inpatient visits and 60 million outpatient visits. About 250,000 full-time employees and 90,000 health professional trainees work in interdisciplinary care teams to deliver those patient services daily.
VA's patient population crosses a wide spectrum of individuals, from elderly World War II Veterans, to baby boomer Vietnam Vets, to today's younger heroes who served during the Gulf War era and in the present day Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. VA also serves a growing number of women Veterans, who currently account for seven percent of the total Veteran population.
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits, 2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension), and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee’s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee’s salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2020, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $25,500.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service