Director of Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Albany, NY
Director of Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Laboratory
The Division of Cardiology of Albany Medical College is seeking a board certified electrophysiologist to direct our Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology program. Leadership assets will be highly valued. The ideal candidate should also:
- have ≥ 5 years of clinical experience, with a proven track record of personal excellence in all aspects of clinical electrophysiology, including atrial fibrillation ablation, other complex ablation procedures, and device implantation
- be a proven educator, possessing the commitment and skills required to achieve our goals for excellence in undergraduate and post-graduate medical education, including the future development of an electrophysiology fellowship
- support our academic mission through the design and execution of clinical and/or translational research studies
- employ a rigorous approach to quality assurance and quality improvement towards the goal of refining evidence-based practices on our electrophysiology service and in our EP laboratory
- possess leadership and management competencies required to organize our electrophysiology laboratory and our clinical service and lead them to a position of regional prominence.
In joining our academic faculty the successful candidate will enjoy ample opportunities to teach medical students, residents and cardiology fellows. Research and other scholarly work is encouraged and supported commensurate with the skills and accomplishments of the clinician scientist.
The Division of Cardiology has fully accredited cardiovascular medicine and interventional cardiology fellowship programs. The successful candidate will work in a collegial environment that emphasizes multidisciplinary approaches to patient care and research, as well as dedication to medical education. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with experience.
Send curriculum vitae with a letter of interest to:
Albany Medical College, Mail Code-47
47 New Scotland Ave., Albany, N.Y. 12208-3478
Albany Medical Center is northeastern New York’s only academic health sciences center and the largest private sector employer in the Capital Region. The Center incorporates the 734-bed Albany Medical Center Hospital, one of New York's largest teaching hospitals. Albany Medical College, one of the nation's first private medical colleges, educates many of the doctors and other medical professionals that practice in the region and provides residency and continuing medical education programs. Albany Medical Center also supports a biomedical research enterprise to further understanding of illness and discovery of tomorrow’s cures.
Located at the heart of New York’s Capital Region, Albany is a culturally and environmentally diverse area that is home to nearly one million residents. The three main cities of the Capital Region-Albany, Troy, and Schenectady, and their suburbs, just a short commute away-offer a range of affordable, safe, and comfortable neighborhoods with quality schools and active community groups. In 2010, Forbes named Albany one of the top ten cities to raise a family. All four seasons sizzle with indoor and outdoor activities, including festivals, monthly art walks, music, and family-friendly events making the Capital Region a great place to live, work, and thrive at a perfect pace.