Duke Pain Medicine seeks Pain Specialist for the Medical/Comprehensive Pain Management Service
The Department of Anesthesiology at Duke University Medical Center is seeking a full time Pain Specialist to work with a multi-specialty, population-health-focused care team in the comprehensive management of higher-risk chronic pain patients.
- Ideal candidates will be Board-Certified in Pain Management with a background in Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, PM&R, or Internal Medicine
- Have experience providing comprehensive pain care as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary, outpatient care team is optimal.
Duke Pain Clinic
- This outpatient clinic houses both the Interventional and Medical Pain Services.
- The Interventional Service offers diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, including advanced neurostimulation techniques, fluoroscopically-guided spine procedures, ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal and peripheral nerve interventions.
- The outpatient Medical Pain Service team evaluates and manages high-risk pain patients, providing patient care, complex care coordination, and education for patients and clinicians throughout the Duke University Health System.
- Salary and faculty title will be commensurate with training and experience.
- The Department of Anesthesiology offers a robust compensation plan that rewards clinical productivity and academic excellence.
- Additionally, faculty members enjoy Duke’s generous benefit package including, 401K, dental, vision, CME, moving allowances, and tuition assistance.
- Duke University is located in the greater Triangle area of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, which offers wide-ranging options in residential communities, social activities, and nightlife.
- The three major academic institutions within the Triangle, along with Research Triangle Park, a globally renown mecca for technology companies, has made the area culturally diverse, economically prosperous, and nationally recognized as one of the fastest growing areas in the nation
The Research Triangle Park is a globally prominent hub for high-tech research and development. Conceived around three major universities in Durham, Chapel Hill and Raleigh, the region attracts and fosters cultural diversity, economic resilience, and nationally recognized as a great place to live and work. To learn more about the Duke and Greater Triangle communities, visit: http://community.duke.edu/
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individuals age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must attach your CV, select SUBMIT APPLICATION, and then complete the required application information on the following page.