Advocate is committed to advancing Advocate Health Care’s goal of building lifelong relationships with patients by delivering the best health outcomes and highest level of service through an integrated approach to care and wellness. We are dedicated to creating a future where APCs can flourish in a supportive environment with access to necessary resources and pathways to share feedback to jointly grow our shared practice.
Advocate Christ Medical Center is seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist to work in the Infusion Center. Candidate possesses qualities of being independent and a team player, visible, enthusiastic and engaged with staff. Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- 40 hour a week direct supervision coverage for infusion center
- Training of oncology nursing staff new to chemotherapy administration
- Maintaining competency of all oncology nursing staff who administer chemotherapy
- Maintaining competency of nursing staff and supportive staff on 3S and infusion involving safe handling of hazardous drugs.
- Providing oncology specific nursing education
- Oncology clinical resource for leadership, nursing, physicians, and pharmacy in regards to patient care, complex patient cases, patient education, etc.
- Oncology clinical resource for radiation oncology nursing staff and maintaining competency for nursing staff related to job specific skills
- Updating nursing practice and policy & procedures to maintain oncology standards of care and evidence based practice.
- Designed and maintains the distress screening process and auditing for Coc and QOPI quality standards
- Meetings with unit nursing leadership for quality and safety initiatives
- Meetings with site nursing leadership for quality and safety initiatives
* When making contact with the person who posted this opportunity, please tell them you saw their posting on PracticeMatch.