Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH is searching for an Obesity Medicine physician who is BC/BE by the American Board of Obesity Medicine to join in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Weight & Wellness Center. The Center is the only fully integrated and multidisciplinary academic weight management center in the state of New Hampshire. The adult consultative clinic is a physician-led program providing comprehensive evaluations and management of obesity as a chronic disease with a focus on health and wellness. Our team includes registered dieticians, certified health coaches, wellness nurses, and an integrated culinary medicine team.
What we offer:
- Full time position for a physician qualified in the evaluation and medical management of patients
- Opportunity to work with a collegial multidisciplinary team in a team-based, patient-centered practice
- The integration with a well-established MBSAQIP-accredited comprehensive bariatric surgery program
- Obesity-related research and teaching in a collaborative major academic medical center serving a large patient referral base
Send a CV and cover letter addressed to:
Richard I. Rothstein, MD
Chair, Department of Medicine
- Completion of an accredited fellowship in Obesity Medicine and BC/BE in Obesity Medicine by the ABOM
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine, and Internal Medicine sub-specialty, or Family Medicine
- Expertise in the field of obesity medicine. This field of medicine requires competency in the genetic, biologic, environmental, social, and behavioral factors that contribute to obesity and a thorough understanding of the treatment of obesity
- Competence with all non-surgical therapeutic interventions including diet, physical activity, behavioral change, and pharmacotherapy, and in providing peri and post-surgical care of metabolic and bariatric surgery patients
- Eligible for NH medical license
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* When making contact with the person who posted this opportunity, please tell them you saw their posting on PracticeMatch.