The Cheshire Medical Center’s Obstetrics, Gynecology & Nurse Midwifery team at the Hubbard Center for Women's Health is seeking a BC/BE OB/GYN Physician to join a busy practice with three other OB/GYN physicians, five certified nurse-midwives, and two women’s health nurse practitioners. This is a 1.0 FTE position with an on call schedule.
Our group covers the 169-bed level III community hospital, providing comprehensive obstetrics, gynecology, & nurse-midwifery services with 24/7 CNM first-call for patients in the Monadnock Region of New Hampshire, and provides prenatal and postpartum care at Valley Regional Hospital, a 25-bed critical access hospital in Claremont, NH.
The Women’s and Children’s Health Unit (WACHU) at Cheshire Medical Center performs 400 deliveries per year. Our WHO/UNICEF-designated Baby Friendly unit offers many family-centered services including 24/7 anesthesiology, breast milk banking, daily IBCLC Lactation support, professional doula services, and ready consultation with Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center’s Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit via Teleneonatology.
Our highly collaborative model of care includes physicians, CNMs, and APRNs on site, as well as seamless access to Genetic Counselors and board certified subspecialists in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gynecologic Oncology and Urogynecology in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock system.
Opportunity Highlights Include:
Our Office Practice Offers:
- Engaged clinicians and staff who are invested in optimal patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Decades-long history of excellent collaboration amongst physicians, nurse-midwives, and nurse practitioners with a shared philosophy of care.
- Practice group committed to providing high quality, evidence based care that is responsive to community needs.
- Caring and professional staff of nurses, medical assistants, and secretaries.
- Supportive administration and a focus on provider and patient satisfaction.
- Opportunity for medical student teaching through affiliation with Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College.
- Opportunities for leadership.
- Integrated Dartmouth-Hitchcock multi-specialty referral network, including eConsultation in a wide range of specialties.
The community hospital where we deliver care has:
- Robust surgical practice with ample opportunity for minimally invasive hysterectomy/advanced laparoscopy cases as well as basic gyn procedures.
- Integrated behavioral health services through our on-site clinical psychologist and Prenatal Wellness Program.
- Integrated substance use recovery and medication assisted treatment through the Mothers in Recovery Program.
- Evidence-based care models including Centering Pregnancy.
- Level I Maternal Care (> 36 weeks)
- Level I nursery supported by our 6 pediatricians
- 24/7 anesthesia coverage
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene (D-H Keene) is a 150 physician and associate provider, multi-specialty community practice and a division of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock system based in Lebanon, New Hampshire. This diverse group of professionals is committed to quality and patient safety, continuous process improvement and clinical measurement. D-H Keene is a nationally recognized leader in population health and patient-centered medical home. It is innovative and collaborative in its use of integrative medicine, value-based care, accountable-care models and electronic medical records. It is the largest community practice in the 650+ physician Dartmouth Hitchcock Health System which boasts a leading medical center and medical school.
The jointly-affiliated hospital, Cheshire Medical Center, is a 169 bed, Level III community hospital. It is only the 14th hospital ever to be named an American Hospital Association “Living the Vision” awardee (2013) and is both the 2010 New Hampshire Healthcare Business of the Decade and 2014 New Hampshire Healthcare Business of the Year.
The community of Keene is a picturesque, college-town in the Monadnock Region of Southwestern New Hampshire. New Hampshire boasts no income tax. The cost of living, stable real estate market and excellent schools and neighborhoods makes Keene an ideal place to call home.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* When making contact with the person who posted this opportunity, please tell them you saw their posting on PracticeMatch.