Breast Surgery - Nurse Practitioner - Full-time
Breast Center at Doctors Community Medical Center in Lanham Maryland
All breast concerns with the exception of out-patient surgical consult.
- Breast Swollen
- Breast Discharge
- Breast Lump
- Dense Breast
- Radiation Completion
- Mammogram and Biopsy Results
- History of Breast Cancer (Annual and F/U)
- Port Removal Discussion
- Drain Removal
- Wound Care
Minor office procedures
- Aspiration with/without Ultrasound Guidance
- Simple Ultrasound
Types of Visits
- New with exception of Medicare
- Monthly post op
Some nursing, in-office and/or hospital experience preferred.
No Call or Weekends
To provide supervised medical services for patients with emphasis on acute/same day care. All duties are in collaboration with contracted physician; services are provided under the rules regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, BPQA, HCFA, AMA, and Luminis Healthsystem.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Communicates treatment / therapy progress with individuals who have the responsibility or control in patient care intervention.
- Refers patients to appropriate licensed physician or other health care provider as condition or circumstances warrant.
- Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, BPQA (Board of Physicians Quality Assurance), AMA (American Medical Association), HCFA, and AAHS policies.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Two (2) years of related clinical nursing experience.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Maryland and Board Certified
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
Doctors Community Medical Center (part Luminis Health) is a network of medical and surgical services provided throughout Prince George’s County and in Anne Arundel County. At the heart of this network is our flagship – Doctors Community Hospital in Lanham, Maryland. To complement our high-quality and compassionate services, the system has more than a dozen centers of care in Bowie, Camp Springs, Crofton, District Heights, Greenbelt, Hyattsville, Lanham, Largo, Laurel, Riverdale and Temple Hills.