Wesley Medical Center seeks a fifth OB hospitalist to help welcome Wesley's more than 6,000 annual deliveries.
- Board certified OB/GYN
- Willing to supervise medical students and residents
- Interested in 13 12-hour shifts per month (minimum)
- Hospital employed with competitive market salary and opportunity to pick up more shifts
- Comprehensive benefits
- CME and professional dues and fees
- 401k with generous matching; discounted employee stock purchase
- Clinical faculty appointment to KU/Wichita OB/GYN Residency
About Wesley OB Hospitalists and Wesley Medical Center
- Busy 20-bed LDR unit with many high-risk OB patients
- Hospitalists provide no GYN coverage
- OB hospitalists cover OB ED and are available for all emergencies
- MFM support, 24/7 dedicated OB anesthesia coverage
- Level III NICU, 24/7 PICU and full range of pediatric subspecialties on campus with Wesley Children's Hospital
- Wesley Medical Center is a regional Level 1 trauma center drawing from two-thirds of Kansas plus parts of contiguous states
- 760-bed, 102-bassinet level 1 trauma center with over 6,000 annual deliveries.
Wichita is Kansas' largest city, home to 600,000+ in the greater metro area and drawing from over 1 million from rural Kansas and parts of contiguous states. The average single-family home cost is 30% below the national median and cost of living is over 10% below the national average. Wichita offers a superb range of private and parochial schools. This regional hub of university faculty, healthcare and aviation industry professionals demand great schools for their kids. Home of the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, with over 1,000 faculty members and 13 ACGME-accredited residency programs. The hospital is 14 minutes to the beautiful new regional airport with five major airlines.
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center and Level 1 Trauma Center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2019, Wesley will complete more than 50 million dollars in capital investment in Wesley Children's Hospital. Wesley was named among The Joint Commission's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures
The city regularly makes the popular 'top city' lists as a smaller metro area with many of the things families are seeking, combined with lower than average cost of living. Most recent: Wichita named to CNN Money's top 10 most affordable real estate markets. Forbes ranks Wichita 11th best city in which to raise a family.
* The metro population is 390,000, but the city is the medical hub for 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states--over 1.5 million
* Wichita is home to 70% of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna.
* Other major headquarters in Wichita include Koch Industries, Coleman
* This unique combination of Medical, Aviation and International Business makes Wichita home to a diverse group of internationally born/educated post-graduate degreed professionals