Success Happens When You Start With Your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel "comfortable, healthy, and happy" in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through a physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound's "Well Being" program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Thomas Memorial Hospital is a respected not-for-profit hospital that has served the community of South Charleston since December 1946. As a part of the Thomas Health System, Thomas Memorial Hospital is a partner of St. Francis Hospital located in Charleston, fully accredited by The Joint Commission, and was voted one of the 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in America
- 266-bed, not-for-profit hospital
- Established team of 12 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Minimal code environment - about 3 per week
- Co-managed ICU; No procedures required
- Schedule: 70% clinical; 30% admin
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required; Previous leadership and hospitalist experience required
- H1B and J1 eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees are paid and services covered
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location & Lifestyle
Several suburban communities surround the city of Charleston, including the upscale community of South Charleston, which is home to just over 13,000 residents. South Charleston offers both new and historic housing options with excellent public and private school systems. Cultural and recreational activities include the Sunrise Museum, WV Symphony, the State Capital Cultural Center, and the Clay Center for Performing Arts. With an easy drive to Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Washington, DC, and Charlotte there is so much to see!