Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel "comfortable, healthy, and happy" in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound's "Well Being" program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.CHI St. Luke’s Health has received many national, state, and local awards including, Level IV Trauma Center designation by the Texas Department of State Health Services & American Heart Association Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award 2015-2016. For a complete list of Awards and Recognition please visit memorialhealth.us.
- Established hospitalist team including 12 physicians, a clinical performance nurse, and program manager
- 271-bed non-profit hospital with open 20 bed ICU
- No procedures required
- Intensivists onsite and telemedicine back-up available at night
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Prior chief hospitalist experience preferred or 2+ years hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
Location and Lifestyle
Lufkin has top-notch golfing, state of the art museums, an outstanding zoo, quality hotels and restaurants, incredibly charming downtown, and the friendliest people on earth. Downtown Lufkin is the site of many eating establishments, unique retail shops, and antique collections. With more than 570 miles of shoreline, Lufkin offers superior bass fishing. Located less than 2 hours northwest of Houston.