IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cardiology PRN (Ball Memorial Hospital)
Are you interested in working supplemental hours on Saturday mornings at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, IN? Our growing and compassionate team is seeking a patient-focused advanced provider to collaborate with our highly skilled cardiology team.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best healthcare systems and is the #1 ranked system in Indiana.
- Supplemental role only
- Pending staffing needs, APP will work Saturday morning shifts as needed. This is a true PRN position. The Saturday morning hours will be approximately 8:00a-12:00p ET
- Practice location: IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital
- Supervise stress testing - this is the majority of the position
- Patient volume varies. APP is expected to see up to 8-10 patients per 4 hour shift
- Potential opportunity to complete inpatient rounding and consults
- Collaborate with APP colleagues and attending cardiologist regarding patient needs
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Master’s Degree required
- Will accept an ACNP, ANP, FNP or PA
- Candidates with APP experience in cardiac setting preferred
- If new graduate, cardiology clinical rotation or RN experience in cardiology required
- We offer a strong compensation model
- Since this is a PRN position, it does not meet requirements to offer benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider opportunities await at Indiana University Health Ball Memorial.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is both a teaching hospital and regional tertiary referral center. We've introduced healthcare to underserved populations and geographic areas such as Upland, New Castle and Hartford City and given consumers choices in their healthcare.
IU Health Ball Memorial is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people. This not-for-profit organization boasts of a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians, representing more than 45 medical specialties.
Most recently, the new, patient-centric 5 story south wing was unveiled. The $120 million facility includes 300,000 square feet of new and revitalized space, including 108 all-private patient rooms.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
The hospital campus is home to The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center and includes the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school. The clinics provide low cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Multiple CARF Accreditations: The Physical Rehabilitation Center at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital has received a three-year accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, representing the ninth consecutive three year accreditation IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital has received from the international accrediting body. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital also received a three-year Stroke Specialty Program accreditation from CARF. (Awarded 2010)
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital honored with two VHA awards: IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital received a pair of Volunteer Hospital Association awards recognizing clinical excellence. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the recipient of PEAK (Performance, Excellence, Achievement and Knowledge) Awards for Performance, in the categories of Patient Safety-Critical Care and Clinical Quality. (Awarded 2010)
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians includes primary care, medical specialties, surgical specialists, and women’s health. The physician group is part of the larger Indiana University Health System. The physicians, advanced providers, and staff are committed to providing patient-focused, quality care at convenient locations throughout East Central Indiana.
Muncie, Indiana offers a vast variety of entertainment, dining, culture and family-friendly recreation. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University
- Museum of Art, Planetarium and Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine
- Prairie Creek Reservoir offers boating, fishing and camping
- Family friendly outdoor music and food festivals along with sports and recreation
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities
- Quick drive to Indianapolis, Chicago and Cincinnati
|E-mail:||Click here to email.|