Portsmouth Regional Hospital is seeking an internal medicine program director to lead their internal medicine residency program at Portsmouth Regional Hospital in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Licensed to practice in New Hampshire
- Completed an accredited residency program in internal medicine
- Certified and recertified (if applicable) by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- 3 years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME accredited internal medicine residency program and graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment
- Candidates must have strong team building, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Additional characteristics of qualified applicants include adaptability, creativity, as well as enthusiasm for teaching and quality patient care
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package with occurrence-based malpractice coverage
- Be part of a supportive and energetic team
- Tufts University affiliation
About Portsmouth Regional Hospital:
- 220-bed acute care facility with a Level II Trauma Center
- 24/7 full-service ER
- Two freestanding ERs
- 24/7 dedicated inpatient hospitalist program
- 24/7 dedicated inpatient intensivist program
- Implementing psychiatry residency program in summer 2021 with Tufts University affiliation
- Internal medicine and family medicine residency programs with Tufts University affiliation
- 30-bed inpatient psychiatric unit including 16 involuntary beds
Portsmouth, New Hampshire is a Seacoast city and sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine. Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns. As the nation's third oldest city, Portsmouth offers:
- An area that's rich in history and abundant cultural activities
- Small-town charm
- A host of outdoor activities and proximity to major cities
- Top-notch educational institutions-Both public and private
- No sales tax or state income tax
- A one-hour drive to Boston
- Four seasons of weather
New Hampshire's Portsmouth Regional Hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical services to the residents of New England's Greater Seacoast area. The Seacoast stretches from Southern Maine coast to Northeastern Massachusetts. The 209 bed hospital is home to more than 200 physicians and 1,100 employees.
Because of the hospital's progressive approach and proven outcomes, area residents no longer need to travel to Boston for a vast array of procedures and services. The hospital serves as a regional tertiary center for Cardiac and Neurosurgery.
In addition to the availability of advanced technology, physicians can rely on 24/7 inpatient Hospitalist program and superior nursing care that has helped Portsmouth Regional Hospital rank among the top hospitals nationwide in patient satisfaction.
A $63 million facility expansion and renovation began in 2008, adding more than 67,000 square feet of new construction and 88,000 square feet of renovations to the existing facility.
Portsmouth, a seacoast city, sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine. Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns. As the nation's third oldest city, Portsmouth is rich in history and abundant cultural activities. Portsmouth offers small-town charm blended with easy access to beaches and major cities; Boston is just an hour drive away. Close to ocean, lakes and mountains. No income tax or state sales tax.