Intensivist Medical Director Opportunity with HCA and ICC in Chattanooga, TN.
ICC (Intensive Care Consortium) Healthcare has joined HCA, one of the nation’s largest healthcare networks, to change the way critical care medicine is practiced. Our patient-focused, evidence-based solutions improve quality, efficiency and outcomes in the lives of the critically ill patients we serve. We are looking for Critical Care trained physicians with experience leading teams and improving quality measures to join us in our mission to make a difference in the care of every patient every day at Parkridge Medical Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
In addition to managing critically ill ICU patients, the intensivist will conduct daily multidisciplinary rounds and be the lead in the Code Blue, Rapid Response and Code Sepsis Teams. In addition, the intensivist will have an important advisory and leadership role on various hospital and administrative committees that aim to improve the delivery and efficiency of ICU patient care. Mandatory courses in critical care billing, bedside ultrasonography and periodic CME accredited journal club sessions will be provided by ICC as well.
Opportunity Specifics – Parkridge Medical Center
• 24 Bed Med/Surg ICU - Average daily census of 16-20 patients
• 15 (12-hour) shifts per month (flexible day blocks)
• New CV surgeon and ECMO program in 2021 - ECMO experience required
• 24/7 provider coverage – day program with night call and APP night coverage
• Hospitalist support for admissions
• 100% Critical Care
About ICC Healthcare
• ICC Healthcare employees over 250 providers in 38 programs with 6-8 new programs opening each year.
• Last year, our providers had over 140,000 patient encounters nationwide.
• We are part of the HCA system of care. HCA owns and operates over 175 facilities in 19 states providing services to over 26 million patients annually.
The ICC Difference
• The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
• Our physicians have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
• We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
• We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
• Opportunities are available to participate in GME through HCA’s commitment to residency and fellowship programs.
• Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, stock options, 401k with company match, disability, Paid Time off, CME allowance and days, relocation and more
• Professional development program with leadership training and mentoring
• Appropriate staffing models and flexible scheduling
• Occurrence based malpractice Insurance
• Expert practice management including privileging, provider enrollment, and billing and collections
• Unmatched growth and leadership opportunities
Parkridge Medical Center in downtown Chattanooga, is an Accredited Chest Pain Center offering comprehensive healthcare services that include a 24-hour emergency department, cardiology, orthopedics, robotics and surgical services in addition to oncology services at Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The 275-bed facility provides cutting edge healthcare is on the cutting edge, but our soul is in traditional medicine. Patients and family members come first. We have had a long-standing commitment to our community and mission to provide compassionate care close to home. It is this commitment that has fueled our growth, energized our staff, satisfied our patients and propelled us to become an outstanding healthcare facility. We are very proud that Parkridge has a Pastoral Care Service to help our patients with life's difficulties.
Community Information – Chattanooga, Tennessee
Chattanooga, Tennessee is one of the top destinations in the South. Named "Best Town Ever" twice! In fact, the New York Times named Chattanooga one of the "Top 45 Places to go" in the World. And it's no wonder. Tucked between the mountains of Southeast Tennessee, along the beautiful Tennessee River, Chattanooga is one of America's most breathtaking cities. There's a world of outdoor adventure, amazing restaurants, live events, art and world-class attractions waiting for you here.
When away from work, enjoy all the benefits of living in Chattanooga, Tennessee, one of the country’s premiere outdoor cities.
• Climbing – world class climbing destination
• Hiking – over 50 trailheads within 30 minutes of downtown
• Mountain Biking – miles and miles of premium MTB singletrack and great weather for year-round biking
• White Water Paddling – some of the best quality expert whitewater streams in the world
The community is welcoming and diverse offering great schools, affordable housing, and big cities amenities with small town charm.
What else can you ask for? You don’t even have to ask…Chattanooga delivers.
This position cannot support J1 waivers.
Parkridge Medical Center
Parkridge Medical Center, a 275-bed hospital near downtown Chattanooga, has delivered advanced, high-quality medical and surgical care to area patients since 1971. The facility's staff is focused on providing compassionate, individualized service and convenience for patients and physicians. The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Parkridge Medical Center offers the latest in cancer diagnostics and treatment. Parkridge Medical Center is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, providing 24-hour emergency care, intensive care and comprehensive cardiac care, including diagnostic, electrophysiological, surgical and rehabilitative services. The hospital also offers advanced surgical services, including endovascular care and orthopedic/spine procedures.
In 1969, ground was broken in downtown Chattanooga for Parkridge Medical Center, one of the first hospitals built by the Hospital Corporation of America. Parkridge Medical Center's doors opened in 1971, built entirely with private investor capital and without any expense to local taxpayers. Parkridge has grown over the years to keep pace with the developing needs of residents throughout the tristate region by continuing to expand both its campus and its services. Today, Parkridge is known for state-of-the-art technology, quality care and dedication to patient satisfaction.
Based on a strong foundation of medical and surgical services, Parkridge offers a full array of cardiac, orthopedic and emergency care options. The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute (SCCI), built in 2003, provides care focused on both the physical and emotional needs of the patient. SCCI was the first cancer center in the area to offer an oncology nurse navigator who directs each patient's care from diagnosis to recovery.
Parkridge Medical Center has been home to many medical firsts for the community it serves. Parkridge was the first to install a permanent magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner within the hospital. A Parkridge patient was the region’s first recipient of an automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillator. Parkridge was the first hospital in the region to offer a full-service GI Lab, mobile MRI, and linear accelerator technology for cancer treatment. Parkridge was the first to offer patients the advantages of da Vinci robotic surgery in 2002. In 2016, electrophysiologists at Parkridge Medical Center were the first in Chattanooga to use the WATCHMAN Left Atrial Appendage Closure Device to reduce stroke risk in patients with persistent atrial fibrillation (AFib). Later that year, cardiothoracic surgeons and electrophysiologists collaborated to perform the area’s first Convergent Procedure to treat persistent AFib.
Tucked between the mountains of Southeast Tennessee, along the beautiful Tennessee River, Chattanooga is one of America's most breathtaking, technologically progressive and recreationally attractive cities anywhere. There's a world of outdoor adventure, amazing restaurants, live events, art and world-class attractions awaiting. Surrounded by mountains, rivers and lakes, Chattanooga and Hamilton County, Tennessee, offer a little bit of everything - a thriving innovation business district and a booming downtown along the Tennessee River brimming with shops, dining and history. Also known as the “Gig City”, Chattanooga boasts access to among the world’s fastest internet speeds, driving a burgeoning technological sector as well as providing residential customers practically unlimited bandwidth for education, entertainment and enterprise. Awarded Outdoor Magazine’s “Best Town Ever” title for two years, the Scenic City always delivers.
This site is only intended for job seekers to contact the organizations posting jobs. Use of this site for solicitation and other unintended purposes is prohibited.