Ascension Via Christi, Kansas’ largest health care organization is looking to add dynamic Family Medicine faculty members to their community-based family medicine residency program.
- Seeking full-time core faculty with a desire to engage in teaching, leadership, service, scholarship, mentorship, and patient-care
- Competence to instruct MD and DO residents in Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) strongly desired to enhance and grow our Osteopathic Principles and Practice (OPP) curriculum
- Strong procedural background desired (non-operative OB and adult ICU management skills are both required; however, we have excellent support from laborists and intensivists and are willing to provide mentorship to regain currency in these areas if they are not included in your current practice)
- M-F schedule with rotating nights and weekends shared between 16 core faculty
- Faculty members lead one of the inpatient teams for 1 week at a time, approximately 10 times per year (on call responsibilities include adult medicine, pediatrics, OB, and newborn care).
- Faculty maintain at least 1 half-day of clinic to see their own patients
- Comprehensive benefits include PTO, 10 CME days, CME allowance, health insurance, malpractice, relocation allowance
- Collegial and team-focused work culture driven by the desire to provide the best possible care to our patients and their families
- Compassionate administrative and physician leaders helping team members achieve their professional and personal "bests"
- Urban center of 390,000 people (in a metro area of 650,000) that’s perfect for families and singles alike with a brand-new airport, one-of-a-kind shopping experiences and unique restaurants
- #1 Best Place to Live the Good Life Cheaply by Forbes.com.
- Lively downtown district with one of a kind restaurants and shops.
- Home to four university campuses including the University of Kansas School of Medicine and Wichita State University.
- Air Capital of the World
- Award winning schools, great parks/trails, playgrounds, museums, theater, YMCA system and the nationally ranked Sedgwick County Zoo
Ascension Via Christi is the largest provider of health services in Kansas, delivering a continuum of high-quality, compassionate care to people throughout the region. Our mission compels us to lead the way in providing quality health care and advocating for health care reform. Our health system has made significant strides in deploying new medical technology, helping shape public policy and working to make health care more accessible to all. We have improved the quality of care by investing in leading edge technology to offer our patients care that is less invasive, less painful and helps individuals recover and return to their lives more quickly. We continue to recruit the most talented physicians to put this technology and our mission to its best use.
Ascension Via Christi
Wichita Chamber of Commerce
GO Wichita Events