Portsmouth Regional Hospital is recruiting a full-time general AP/CP pathologist to join a growing department at Portsmouth Regional Hospital in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
* Ideal candidate has at least 2-3 years of pathology experience
* AP/CP Board Certification or Board Eligibility (required)
* New Hampshire license or FCVS in place
* Excellent surgical pathology skills for daily sign-out
* Subspecialty interest/experience in breast, GYN, genitourinary, hematopathology, or transfusion medicine is desirable
* All subspecialties are encouraged to apply
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Employed position with base salary
* Comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance
* CME time and allowance
* Malpractice cover
* Participation in GME Program affiliated with Tufts University
About the practice:
* Practice supports three community hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire
* Approximately 16,000 surgical cases and 700 non-gyn cytology
* Pathologists' assistant grosses and prepares frozen sections
* No autopsies performed
* Occasional CP duties include blood bank
* On-call requirements are very light
About Portsmouth Regional Hospital:
* 220-bed acute care facility with a Level II Trauma Center
* 24/7 full-service ER
* 2 freestanding ERs
* 24/7 dedicated inpatient hospitalist program
* 24/7 dedicated inpatient intensivist program
* Internal medicine and family medicine residency programs with Tufts University Affiliation
* 30-bed inpatient psychiatric unit including 16 involuntary beds
Portsmouth, New Hampshire is a seacoast city and sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine. Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns. As the nation's third oldest city, Portsmouth offers:
* A town rich in history and abundant with cultural activities
* Small-town charm
* A host of outdoor activities and major cities
* Includes top-notch educational institutions-both public and private
* No sales tax or state income tax
* Only an hour away from Boston
* Four seasons of weather
New Hampshire's Portsmouth Regional Hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical services to the residents of New England's Greater Seacoast area. The Seacoast stretches from Southern Maine coast to Northeastern Massachusetts. The 209 bed hospital is home to more than 200 physicians and 1,100 employees.
Because of the hospital's progressive approach and proven outcomes, area residents no longer need to travel to Boston for a vast array of procedures and services. The hospital serves as a regional tertiary center for Cardiac and Neurosurgery.
In addition to the availability of advanced technology, physicians can rely on 24/7 inpatient Hospitalist program and superior nursing care that has helped Portsmouth Regional Hospital rank among the top hospitals nationwide in patient satisfaction.
A $63 million facility expansion and renovation began in 2008, adding more than 67,000 square feet of new construction and 88,000 square feet of renovations to the existing facility.
Portsmouth, a seacoast city, sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine. Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns. As the nation's third oldest city, Portsmouth is rich in history and abundant cultural activities. Portsmouth offers small-town charm blended with easy access to beaches and major cities; Boston is just an hour drive away. Close to ocean, lakes and mountains. No income tax or state sales tax.