WHAT WE NEED
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields is seeking a Designated Institutional Officer (DIO) MD/DO with 10+ years of experience to join our team located at Olympia Fields, IL.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
At Franciscan, our Designated Institutional Officer (DIO) is responsible for assuring compliance with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME.) This role works in collaboration with the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC).
Do you have a strong foundation in medical practice support and operations? Are you a good leader? Do you have good analytical and strategic planning skills? Would you like to put your skills to work in an environment that values faith and people? We’d like to meet you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide administrative oversight and educational guidance for all GME programs sponsored by or operated at Franciscan Health Olympia Fields (FHOF).
- Maintain current knowledge of and compliance with ACGME Institutional and Program Requirements.
- Ensure that programs provide an educational curriculum as defined in the ACGME Program Requirements for the specialty.
- Provide oversight of the overall GME Program,
- Resident supervision, resident responsibilities, resident evaluation, compliance with duty-hour standards, and resident participation in patient safety and quality of care education.
- Establish and implement procedures to gather requisite data, review information, and cosign program information forms and any correspondence or other documents submitted to the ACGME by Program Directors that either address program citations or request major changes in FHOF GME programs.
- Maintain accurate and complete institutional GME files in compliance with ACGME and with institutional records retention policies.
- Review information and assure that all documents required by ACGME, and other GME regulatory and accreditation agencies related are submitted in a complete, accurate, and timely manner.; Assess and monitor the responses by the programs to actions recommended by the GMEC.
- Ensure that in the absence of the DIO, review and cosign all program information forms and any documents or correspondence submitted to the ACGME by Program Directors.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Physician License in Illinois or Indiana required with Board Certification in Specialty Discipline required
- Doctorate required
- 10+ years prior experience in Healthcare Administration
- Experience in Healthcare delivery models, health information and the rules and regulations surrounding their use and release
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Show sincere interest in others and their concerns
For more information, please contact Delana Orban at Delana.Orban@franciscanalliance.org or 219.484.8339.