We are excited about starting a new residency program!
We have a very inclusive culture at Mary Washington Healthcare and are looking for someone who is more collaborative and not so confined in their thinking. Someone who has the know-how to develop a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program from scratch with strong operational experience and can bring that knowledge to our organization in a way that might be exciting, new and creative!
Brief Job Summary
- The Director is responsible for the development, oversight, and accreditation training of all Graduate Medical Education (GME).
- The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of national accreditation policies, educational administration, and hospital policies, as well as a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- This position will plan and orchestrate the recruitment of residents, will have the oversight of all medical residency program coordinators, will develop projects, analyze administrative workflow, maintain databases and GME web content, communicate with faculty and trainees regarding a range of issues, and manage internal and external program relations.
- Provides overall strategic and executive operational leadership for accredited GME programs ensuring compliance with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER).
- This position has oversight of Continuing Medical Education (CME) leadership, accreditation, and programming.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities to develop new graduate medical education (GME) programs in the region and build lasting relationships with physicians, hospitals, practice groups, and administrators to ensure the development of high-quality programs
- Provides leadership and organizes resources to achieve and maintain compliance with the ACGME Institutional Requirements, thereby maintaining ACGME Accreditation
- Ensures the annual review and approval of a statement of institutional commitment to GME
- Serves as a liaison with medical school affiliates and physician group partnerships
- Chairs the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) and ensure that the GMEC is positioned to fulfill its required responsibilities
- Contributes, as requested, to corporate strategic plan development for medical education
- Directs the day-to-day management of department including budget and financial resources, defining/outlining roles and responsibilities, assigning tasks/ projects, coordinating cohesive productivity, clarifying/instructing on duties, deadlines, and expectations
- Provides guidance and support to residency and fellowship programs and their Directors to ensure substantial compliance with ACGME Program Requirements
- Acts as a liaison for the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Reviews all New Program Applications (NPA) prepared for Residency Review Committee (RRC) site visits
- Acts as Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) Chair; set monthly meeting schedule; develop meeting agenda; review and confirm meeting minutes; responsible
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MD, DO, MHA, or Ed.D.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Ability to communicate effectively and problem-solve, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of medical staff affairs principles and policies
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
Please submit your resume/CV to Dorrie.Steinberg@mwhc.com.
This is not a job that supports J1 or H1B Visa candidates. Please, no 3rd party recruiters.